Agricultural engineering is the engineering discipline that applies engineering science and technology to agricultural production and processing. Agricultural engineering combines the disciplines of animal biology, plant biology, and mechanical, civil, electrical and chemical engineering principles with knowledge of agricultural principles. Agriculture engineer are involved in the following activities
1. Design of agricultural machinery, equipment, and agricultural structures.
2. Internal combustion engines as applied to agricultural machinery
3. Agricultural resource management (including land use and water use)
4. Water management, conservation, and storage for crop irrigation and livestock production
5. Surveying and land profiling
6. Climatology and atmospheric science
7. Soil management and conservation, including erosion and erosion control
8. Seeding, tillage, harvesting, and processing of crops
9. Livestock production, including poultry, fish, and dairy animals
10. Waste management, including animal waste, agricultural residues, and fertilizer runoff
11. Food engineering and the processing of agricultural products
12. Basic principles of circuit analysis, as applied to electrical motors
13. Physical and chemical properties of materials used in, or produced by, agricultural production
14. Bioresource engineering, which uses machines on the molecular level to help the environment.
15. Design of experiments related to crop and animal production
Intake : – 30 seats
Duration :- 4 years
Subjects :- link to AKTU website syllabus page
Eligibility :- Candidate must have clearly passed intermediate examination of U. P . Board or 10+2 level examination or its equivalent from any recognized Board/University and securing minimum 45% marks (40% marks for SC/ST Category candidates) without grace in required subject combination (2 compulsory 1 optional taken together).
Direct Admission to Second Year for Engineering Diploma holder & B.Sc Graduates:-
[a] Candidates who have passed three years Engg. Diploma in any branch of engineering except Agriculture from any recognized Institution by the Board of Technical Education, U.P. with minimum 45% marks (40% for SC/ST) marks in aggregate without any grace marks, are eligible for admission to second year in any branch of engineering.
[b] Candidates who have passed three years B.Sc. degree from any recognized University and passed XII standard with mathematics as one of the subject securing minimum 45% marks(40% for SC/ST) in aggregate, are also eligible for admission to second year in any branch of Engineering/Technology